Monday, May 26, 2008

This is one of those classes.

I know I've said this before, but this is really the best class ever. I have never been THIS sad to say goodbye to some students. I've been the first foreign English teacher for the majority of them and we've grown attached. I didn't know that I was going to lose them until tonight and it just ruined all the good things that were in this day.

I've been watching them learn and improve over the past 4 months and it's just so amazing. They have so much personality, they get my jokes and I get theirs. I've molded them into the perfect class. Whoever gets them next had BETTER appreciate them. They're all so studious, but still kids with energy and enthusiasm. They actually cheer when I walk in the room. haha.

(BTW I don't know how I'm going to deal with leaving kids in the orphanages in Thailand/Cambodia)

This is Amy. She has the greatest smile. She's quiet, but not in a shy way. She's just listening. She nods her head as I speak so I know she's understanding.
These are some of the boys. The top left is Alex. He is so smart he got leveled up a month ago. The bottom left is Bruce (aka. Teddyberry...a joke from a previous post.) He likes attention. He often cries or refuses to speak in class. She he decides that he's done with being silent he starts to raise his hand again. I answer it like nothing happened. He likes to go to the office for his many aches and pains. ( I don't know what it is about this class, but about half of them has to go to the office for something hurting each day...whether it be a sore arm or toe or paper cut or headache. They say "teacher arm sick") The top right is Daniel. He is one of the sweetest kids ever. He has a wave perm, long eyelashes and creamy skin. Tim is the one in the bottom right. He loves to talk out of turn and say "ummm Honey is delicious everytime I say something to Honey (a girl in the class). The way he says it is just so funny. He also has an obsession with death and constantly says "HE IS DIE!!! or I AM DIE!!". He doesn't do his homework, but man, he comes up with some great answers to questions I have.
This is Shushu on the left. She comes in half an hour early everyday. She is always very fashionably dressed. Mickey is on the right. She has the quietest little mouse voice. It's like she's always whispering, but she's not. She likes to come up to me in the middle of class and ask me something about one inch from my face. She is starting to gain confidence and it's exciting.
This is Jenny. She is super quiet too, but really coming into her own. Honey is on the right. She loves to answer questions and tell me stories. She gets annoyed with the boys.
How can you not love this kid with a Napolean Dynamite shirt??!! I laughed for about a minute straight when I realized what it said.


This is going to be the first time in my career of English teaching in Korea that I don't have a "basic" class. (The lowest level we offer) I don't know how I'm going to survive it. The little ones keep me sane.

More pictures of the rest of them to come....

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger hannah love said...

omg
that last boy is SO adorable.

so you'll be teaching older kids/advanced... with grammar and all that?

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Poorlittlelamb said...

We teach grammar at all levels.

I have the exact same ages of students in these new classes, just higher levels/understanding. It's actually been pretty good so far ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home